Reporting to the Director of Pharmacy, Yorkton Regional Health Centre, the Staff Pharmacist (Clinical) is a member of the patient care team and provides pharmaceutical care according to established policies and within budgetary guidelines including but not limited to drug therapy monitoring, pharmacokinetic consultation, drug utilization review, medication counseling, medication histories, drug information, educational roles and assists with regular staff pharmacist duties.
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan College of Pharmacists
Previous pharmacy experience in a Health facility is an asset.
Clinical Pharmacy experience in community based pharmacies or Primary Health Setting is an asset.
Computerized Pharmacy systems experience is an asset.
Hospital/Clinical Pharmacy residency or/an Advanced Pharmacy Degree would be an asset.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to integrate clinical knowledge and experience into activities to enhance client care as it relates to drug therapy
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to plan and carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other health care providers.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, pleasant manner and harmonious working relationships.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development
- Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS Collective Agreement. HSAS seniority within the Saskatchewan Health Authority will be considered under the Selection Criteria.
MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK STATS
External applicants must upload the following additional documents when applying for this job:
- Current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check (less than 6 months old)
- Grade 12 or post-secondary education certificates/transcripts
- Proof of enrollment if applying on Certificate/Diploma positions
- Any applicable licenses/registrations relating to the role
If you have more than one required additional document, place them into 1 file
(preferably Microsoft Word or PDF) and upload under Additional Document on the Apply screen.
**Please note that if all relevant information is not received, your application will not be considered.
Expected Start Date: May 14, 2018
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
PLEASE APPLY VIA THE HEALTH CAREERS IN SASK WEBSITE BY CLICKING "APPLY".
ATTACHMENT TOTALS SHOULD BE NO LARGER THAN 10 MB.