As a member of the interdisciplinary team, and under the general direction of the program area manager, as applicable, this position is responsible for providing direct specialized care from a recovery service perspective that is inclusionary and flexible for individuals with moderate to severe and persistent mental illness, addiction and concurrent disorders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Clinical experience working in a Mental Health and Addictions setting
- Eligibility for registration with the Saskatchewan Society of Occupational Therapists and the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Valid Saskatchewan Driver�s license
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, internet and e-mail software
- Demonstrated ability to provide relevant research on evidence based practice and outcome measurements in the field of Mental Health and Addictions
- Demonstrated interpersonal competence including effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to provide individual, group and crisis management/stabilization counselling skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Working knowledge of the Mental Health Services Act
- Working knowledge of Suicide Intervention skills
- Working knowledge of Recovery Principles
- A strong working knowledge of addictions and mental health related issues and the effects on the individual, family unit and community
External applicants must upload the following additional documents when applying for this job:
- Current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check (less than 6 months old)
- Grade 12 or post-secondary education certificates/transcripts
- Proof of enrollment if applying on Certificate/Diploma positions
- Any applicable licenses/registrations relating to the role
If you have more than one required additional document, place them into 1 file
(preferably Microsoft Word or PDF) and upload under Additional Document on the Apply screen.
**Please note that if all relevant information is not received, your application will not be considered.
Geographic Location: Yorkton
Expected Start Date: January 28, 2019
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
PLEASE APPLY VIA THE HEALTH CAREERS IN SASK WEBSITE BY CLICKING "APPLY".
ATTACHMENT TOTALS SHOULD BE NO LARGER THAN 10 MB.