The incumbent will provide Mental Health clinical services to a primarily adult population. These services will be delivered through a combination of direct services, consultation, community resource development and education. The incumbent will work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
The Social Worker, BSW reports directly to the Supervisor of Adult Community Services or his/her designate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work
- Valid Class 5 driver's license
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Association of Social Workers (SASW)
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct client assessments and engage in effective treatment planning
- Ability to work in a team setting in a positive manner
- A demonstrated ability to meet and work with clients, utilizing sound judgment, tact, initiative and high standards of integrity and responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to perceive and analyze problems, develop alternatives, and effect innovative solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of the treatment and management of clients with mental illness including programs and interventions
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and manage time and stress
- Ability to provide individual, group and crisis management/stabilization counselling skills
- Proficient computer skills with particular emphasis on word processing and spreadsheets.
- Field Hours
- Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS Collective Agreement. HSAS seniority within the Saskatchewan Health Authority will be considered under the Selection Criteria.
The successful candidate is responsible to obtain and provide an original Criminal Record Check (CRC) & Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) from their local police service, RCMP or previous country/countries of residence that is dated within the past six (6) months that is satisfactory to the Saskatchewan Health Authority. Internal candidates may be required to provide a CRC & VSC during recruitment and selection process.
Geographic Location: Estevan
Expected Start Date: April 19, 2021
Expected Up To Date: December 31, 2021
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
Please submit an application by clicking Apply.