In collaboration with physicians and the primary care team, the nurse practitioner will provide primary health care services to several communities. This includes: health promotion and protection, disease and injury prevention, provision of supportive, instructive, treatment and emergency services; collaboration with and referral to other health care professionals; conducting community needs assessments and participating in evaluative projects. The incumbent reports to the Primary Health Care Manager.
Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Nursing
Certificate in approved advanced clinical nursing course or equivalent
Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA) as an RN (NP) or RN (GNP)
Valid Class 5 Driver�s License and access to reliable vehicle � travel is required for this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA) as an RN (NP) or RN (GNP)
- Valid Class 5 driver's license
- Certificate in approved advanced clinical nursing course or equivalent
- Advanced communication skills
- Ability to travel both within the region and provincially
- Knowledge of community development
- Working knowledge in health promotion
- Working knowledge of community needs assessment
- Evening and weekend work may be required
Valid Driver�s License and access to reliable vehicle � travel is required for this position.
112 hours in a 3 week rotation (8 hour shifts). Shifts (days, evenings, nights) including actual hours, date of commencement and temporary end dates are for informational purpose only and may be subject to change.
Geographic Location: Kinistino
Expected Start Date: July 22, 2019
Expected Up To Date: February 19, 2021
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
Human Resources, Prince Albert Parkland Health Region