The Primary Health Care (PHC) Nurse Practitioner (NP) reports directly to the Primary Health Care Manager - Central/Rural. This position will also have reporting responsibilities to other managers in the Integrated Primary Health Services portfolio and/or to managers of facilities that they provide services in. Accountability will be maintained through a close working relationship with the Sunrise Integrated PHC Leadership Team.
The PHC RN(NP) works within the full scope of practice of a RN(NP) and promotes quality health care outcomes working within established standards of practice to ensure that clients receive a high standard of primary health care. As a member of an interdisciplinary, integrated primary health care services team, the RN(NP) promotes and integrates the goals and principles of PHC into daily work. This will be done in accordance with the Sunrise Health Region mission statement, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures and standards of the RN(NP) professional association. The incumbent is responsible and accountable at all times for their personal practice.
- Valid Class 5 drivers license
- Basic Life Support (BLS) - Level C Health Care Provider (HCP) - Heart & Stroke
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing preferred
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA) as an RN (NP)
- Three (3) years fulltime experience as a Registered Nurse
- Two (2) years fulltime experience working in an advanced RN(NP) role including community needs assessment, community development, and health promotion
- Two (2) years minimum experience delivering care in a primary health setting to First Nations Populations for positions located in the Kamsack area
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Leadership skills to ensure positive outcomes in care
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to identify and work with ethnic and cultural value systems with a non-bias and non-judgmental approach
- Ability to implement holistic, comprehensive care to individuals, groups, families and the community
- Commitment to continued learning and professional development.
- Knowledge of health status of population, inequities in health, health determinants, primary care principles, health promotion strategies, disease and injury prevention, health protection, harm reduction, curative care, rehabilitation and supportive or palliative care
- Clinical/health assessment, diagnostic, pharmacotherapeutic and therapeutic intervention skills working to the scope of practice of the RN(NP) role.
- Communication skills; both verbal and nonverbal, to create positive outcomes, build relationships, and support the change process.
- Educational skills and strategies that produce positive healthy outcomes for individuals, groups and communities.
- Ability to work in a team, successfully promoting collaborative practice with other health professionals on the Integrated Primary Health Care team.
- Organizational capacity to plan, implement and evaluate multiple assessments, projects and meet deadlines at the individual, group and community levels.
- Ability and initiative in handling difficult situations resulting in productive outcomes.
- Ability and flexibility in adapting to changing situations and environments.
- Knowledge of community development and facilitation strategies
- Provide the clinical guidance and supervision of nursing students. This includes orientation of the available services, provides direction and leadership as required and evaluation of student performance
- Note: This position is open to all SUN members within the bargaining unit as per Article 27.05 of the SUN Collective Bargaining Agreement, however first preference will be given to employees of Sunrise Health Region.
External Applicants MUST upload the following as a single attachment: resume, current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check (less than 6 months old) Grade 12 or Post Secondary Education Certificates/Transcripts, Proof of enrollment if applying on Certificate/Diploma positions and any applicable Licenses/Registrations. *** Please note that if all relevant information is not received your application will not be reviewed.
This posting has been deemed eligible for the Saskatchewan Rural and Remote Nurse Practitioner Retention and Recruitment Strategy Grant. A RN(NP) relocation grant of up to $40,000 will be offered to the successful candidate. The amount of this grant is $40,000 and is administered by the RHA. The grant recipient must commit to a Return in Service for a 5 year period.
Expected Start Date: August 21, 2017
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
PLEASE APPLY VIA THE HEALTH CAREERS IN SASK WEBSITE BY CLICKING "APPLY".
ATTACHMENT TOTALS SHOULD BE NO LARGER THAN 10 MB.