Working out of the Mental Health Services Clinic in Estevan, the incumbent will provide clinical services to a primarily adult population in the Southeastern portion of the Health Region. These services will be delivered through a combination of direct service, consultation, community resource development and education. The incumbent will work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Association of Social Workers (SASW)
One year post-graduate work experience desired, preferably in a Mental Health setting. Experience with, and understanding of Mental Health Programs is desirable.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to competently use computers and software applications as required by the position
- Ability to travel both within the region and provincially
- Ability to work under stress
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, independent judgment and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct client assessments and engage in effective treatment planning
- Broad knowledge of adult treatment and intervention techniques with individuals and groups across a wide clinical spectrum
- Demonstrate responsible decision making through the application of knowledge, critical thinking and sound clinical, legal and ethical practice
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with professionals, para professionals and other service providers
- Knowledge of crisis and suicide intervention
Geographic Location: Estevan
Expected Start Date: February 6, 2017
Expected Up To Date: May 12, 2017
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
Please submit an application by clicking Apply.