IN COLLABORATION WITH PHYSICIANS AND THE PRIMARY CARE TEAM, THE NURSE PRACTITIONER WILL PROVIDE PRIMARY HEALTH CARE SERVICES TO SEVERAL COMMUNITIES. THIS INCLUDES: HEALTH PROMOTION AND PROTECTION, DISEASE AND INJURY PREVENTION, PROVISION OF SUPPORTIVE, INSTRUCTIVE, TREATMENT AND EMERGENCY SERVICES; COLLABORATION WITH AND REFERRAL TO OTHER HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS; CONDUCTING COMMUNITY NEEDS ASSESSMENTS AND PARTICIPATING IN EVALUATIVE PROJECTS. THE INCUMBENT REPORTS TO THE DIRECTOR OF PRIMARY CARE FOR THE PRINCE ALBERT PARKLAND HEALTH REGION.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA) as an RN (NP) or RN (GNP)
- Valid Class 5 drivers license
- Certificate in approved advanced clinical nursing course or equivalent
- Advanced communication skills
- Ability to travel both within the region and provincially
- Knowledge of community development
- Working knowledge in health promotion
- Working knowledge of community needs assessment
- Field hours
- Evening and weekend work may be required
224 hours in a 6 week rotation. Shifts (days, evenings, nights) including actual hours, date of commencement and temporary end dates are for informational purpose only and may be subject to change.
Geographic Location: Prince Albert
Expected Start Date: December 5, 2016
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
Human Resources, Prince Albert Parkland Health Region