Under the general direction of the Primary Health Care Manager, and as part of the multidisciplinary team, the Registered Nurse (Nurse Practitioner) (RN(NP)) is responsible for the provision of primary health care services to individuals and specific client groups in accordance with evidence based knowledge and advanced nursing practice. This role includes clinical practice, consultation and collaboration with other health care professionals, education, leadership, research, and development of quality improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- Basic Life Support for Care Givers (BLS-HCP)
- Registered Nurse - Nurse Practitioner Program
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA)
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA) as an RN (NP) or RN (GNP)
- Valid drivers license or the ability to travel both within the Region and Provincially
Minimum of three (3) years experiences as a Registered Nurse in primary care, public health or acute care.
Minimum of one (1) year experience in community needs assessment, community development, and health promotion preferred.
- Note: This position is open to all SUN members within the bargaining unit as per Article 27.05 of the SUN Collective Bargaining Agreement, however first preference will be given to employees of Sunrise Health Region.
External applicants must upload the following additional documents when applying for this job:
- Current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check (less than 6 months old)
- Grade 12 or post-secondary education certificates/transcripts
- Proof of enrollment if applying on Certificate/Diploma positions
- Any applicable licenses/registrations relating to the role
If you have more than one required additional document, place them into 1 file
(preferably Microsoft Word or PDF) and upload under Additional Document on the Apply screen.
**Please note that if all relevant information is not received, your application will not be considered.
Expected Start Date: January 8, 2018
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
PLEASE APPLY VIA THE HEALTH CAREERS IN SASK WEBSITE BY CLICKING "APPLY".
ATTACHMENT TOTALS SHOULD BE NO LARGER THAN 10 MB.