Occupational Therapist - Degree
RHA Job Number:GO-00628158-1
Number of Vacancies:1
Hours to International Airport:3.0
Facility Name:COMMUNITY HEALTH/MENTAL HEALTH
Employment Term:Full Time
Posting Date:June 21, 2021
Closing Date:June 21, 2022 17:00
Hours of Work:Shift Information: Days
In a 3 week rotation: 14 shifts of 8.00 hours
Rate of Pay: $35.131 to $42.958 (5 step range)
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, and under the general direction of the program area manager, as applicable, the Occupational Therapist Degree is responsible for providing direct specialized care from a recovery service perspective that is inclusionary and flexible for individuals with moderate to severe and persistent mental illness, addiction and concurrent disorders.
- Bachelor Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapy
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Society of Occupational Therapists
- Valid drivers license and the ability to travel both within the Region and Provincially.
Clinical experience working in a Mental Health and Addictions settingKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Counseling skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent assessment, diagnostic and intervention skills
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Services Act
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to deal with life-threatening situations, including suicide
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, internet and e-mail software
- Understanding of the impact of mental health and mental illness on the client, family and community
- Crisis management skills
- Knowledge of Recovery philosophy
- Field Hours
- Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS Collective Agreement. HSAS seniority within the Saskatchewan Health Authority will be considered under the Selection Criteria.
The successful candidate is responsible to obtain and provide an original Criminal Record Check (CRC) & Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) from their local police service, RCMP or previous country/countries of residence that is dated within the past six (6) months that is satisfactory to the Saskatchewan Health Authority. Internal candidates may be required to provide a CRC & VSC during recruitment and selection process.
Expected Start Date: July 14, 2021
Expected Up To Date: October 14, 2022
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To