The Primary Care RN, AAP provides nursing services to clients in communities without hospitals or resident physicians but where physicians work within agreements with the employer to provide medical services on a regular, visiting basis. The RN, AAP provides a broad range of health care services for the client and the community. The RN, AAP is responsible for the overall leadership of nursing services.
- Bachelor Degree/Diploma in nursing from a recognized school of nursing.
- Registration with Saskatchewan registered Nurses Association with an Advanced Authorized Practice License
- Current BLS-CPR
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or required to obtain within 6 months of employment
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or required to obtain within 6 months of employment
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) or required to obtain within 6 months of employment
- Required to participate in ongoing related education as specified by the employer
The incumbent must have a minimum of 2 years nursing experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Skilled and certified in CPR, PALS, ACLS, ITLS, and specialty practice nursing skills
- Required to have a valid driver�s license
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions
- Ability to communicate with and maintain an effective working relationship with clients from diverse social, economic and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the health team to ensure quality of care for the client
- Ability to utilize both formal and informal consultation processes with other professionals and community groups in the health region including the physicians and clinic support staff, Home Care, Public Health, Mental Health, Dietitian Services, Alcohol and Drug Addictions Services, Physiotherapy, Ambulance Services, school staff and the RCMP
- Knowledge of diverse health issues, culture and traditions
- Ability to consult and refer to appropriate health care team members when necessary
- Possession of strong communication and public relations skills
- This position requires a person who is able to be very alert, versatile, adaptable and able to function within a broad range of situations
- The employee must be in good physical, mental and emotional health, have good health maintenance and stress management strategies in place
Standby and On Call Required
Successful applicant eligible for Relocation Assistance, Northern Allowance, Retention Strategies as per SHA.
Successful applicant must provide a satisfactory valid Criminal Record Check including vulnerable sector query before Offer of Employment is made.
Expected Start Date: June 22, 2020
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
Mamawetan Churchill River Health Region