Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
RHA Job Number:GO-00568695
Number of Vacancies:1
Hours to International Airport:0.0
Facility Name:Royal University Hospital
Department:Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Employment Term:Full Time
Posting Date:June 17, 2019
Closing Date:June 17, 2020 17:00
Hours of Work:Shift Information: Days, Nights, Weekends
In a 6 week rotation: 28 shifts of 8.00 hours
Rate of Pay: $49.070 to $58.690 (6 step range)
Reporting to the manager of nursing, neonatal intensive care unit, the clinical nurse specialist will: collaborate with medical and nursing staff to provide clinical care, education and support to families/clients in the nicu. Keep abreast of new initiatives and practice trend related to clinical practice as well as research and education. Develop and implements related policies and procedures as appropriate. Develop a quality improvement initiative for advanced nursing practice. Carry out research related to advanced nursing practice and publishes results. Provide input and support for nursing and medical staff development. Provide follow-up care for clients/families discharged from nicu. Provide follow-up in pediatric outpatient department as well as in rural/outreach settings. Provide a leadership role in areas of care, assessment, research and education. Participate in policy and procedure development, monitoring standards of practice.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor Certificate
- Masters Degree in Nursing with clinical specialization appropriate to practice area
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Instructor Certificate
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA)
Requires five years recent full-time experience in NICU. Experience in research, quality monitoring and evaluationKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships and communication with other health care professionals
- Demonstrated skill in teaching staff and patients
- Demonstrated ability to develop a quality monitoring program to assess, monitor and improve the quality of care
- Current Medical Delegation Certification in NICU required
- Proven highly developed clinical assessment skills
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop and implement a research study
- Demonstrated expertise in NICU
- Note: This position is open to all SUN members within the bargaining unit as per Article 27.05 of the SUN Collective Bargaining Agreement, however first preference will be given to employees of Sunrise Health Region.
Expected Start Date: July 4, 2019
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To