Occupational Therapist - Degree
RHA Job Number:GO-00581037-3
Number of Vacancies:1
Hours to International Airport:3.0
Facility Name:CYPRESS REGIONAL HOSPITAL
Employment Term:Part Time
Posting Date:March 10, 2020
Closing Date:March 10, 2021 17:00
Hours of Work:Shift Information: Days
56.00 hours per 3 week rotation: 7 shifts of 8.00 hours
Rate of Pay: $34.168 to $41.780 (5 step range)
The occupational therapist is responsible for a clinical caseload and provides direct care to clients. The occupational therapist is required to provide appropriate assessment and treatment interventions to clients referred to the occupational therapy service, and is responsible for the ongoing monitoring of prescribed interventions with appropriate adjustment or discontinuation of service based on outcome measurement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapy
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Society of Occupational Therapists
- Communication skills
- Requires concentration and attention for resident/patient assessment, treatment, teaching and report writing
- Requires coping skills to work with residents/patients dealing with stress, role loss and other psychosocial issues
- Requires initiative and judgment to plan implement and modify treatment programs according to client and program needs
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate efforts with other multidisciplinary team members as well as communicate effectively and adapt to changing conditions
- Resourcefulness, ability to work independently, and in collaboration with others is required
- Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS Collective Agreement. HSAS seniority within the Saskatchewan Health Authority will be considered under the Selection Criteria.
Is responsible for assessment, treatment, and education and therefore, requires clinical judgment to adapt to changing conditions. Requires initiative and problem solving skills to plan, implement and modify treatment programs according to the needs of their own clients. Resourcefulness and the ability to work independently, and also in collaboration with others is required.
Considerable attention and concentration are required to observe clients and modify treatment techniques accordingly. They are also required for formal team assessment, treatment, teaching and report writing as required. Requires coping skills to work with clients dealing with stress, role loss and other psychological issues.
Geographic Location: Swift Current and surrounding area
Expected Start Date: March 31, 2019
Expected Up To Date: November 19, 2020
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To