OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST, DEGREE
RHA Job Number:GO-00545145-21
Number of Vacancies:1
Employer:SHA (Sun Country)
Hours to International Airport:1.5
Facility Name:HOME CARE, COMMUNITY AND MENTAL HEALTH
Employment Term:Full Time
Posting Date:October 29, 2019
Closing Date:November 15, 2019 21:30
Hours of Work:Shift Information: Days
224.00 hours per 6 week rotation
Rate of Pay: $34.168 to $41.780 (5 step range)
The Occupational Therapist is an integral member of a regional team. The Occupational Therapist participates in an interdisciplinary team approach that ensures practice standards that are compliant with the standards established by the Saskatchewan Society of Occupational Therapists (SSOT). In accordance with the mission, vision, and values of Sun Country Health Region, the incumbent is responsible for a clinical case load and provides direct care to clients. The Occupational Therapist is required to provide appropriate assessment and treatment interventions to clients referred for occupational therapy service.
- Valid Class 5 driver's license
- Bachelor Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapy
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Society of Occupational Therapists
Experience, knowledge in functional rehabilitation an asset. Experience / training in secondary or tertiary treatment and/or assessments an asset. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to develop and deliver formal education programs
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to work with people in a health care environment with professionalism and respect
- Public speaking skills
- Ability and willingness to work within the Health Facility in assigned areas, helping with patient care and performing within the scope of practice
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with peers, colleagues and direct reports.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, pleasant manner and harmonious working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and confliction resolution skills
- Strong communication skills including ability to provide educational presentations.
Show respect for and a willingness to learn from the professional knowledge of other members of the health care team. Demonstrate an ability to appreciate the importance of, and be open to new concepts and trends, in the academic and clinical field of health care knowledge. Be physically able to perform assigned duties.
Expected Start Date: November 19, 2019
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
Please submit an application by clicking Apply.