Expression of Interest - Nursing Student
Number of Vacancies:1
Community:To be determined
Posting Date:October 26, 2021
Closing Date:March 31, 2022 23:59
Rate of Pay:Base hourly wage of $22.720 to $24.350
Are you interested in gaining health care experience while you complete your nursing degree? Want to experience life and work in a rural community? Did you know that as a nursing student you can work as a Continuing Care Assistant (CCA) during the summer months, weekends and holidays after you have completed your second year until you complete your degree?
Take advantage of enhancing your skill set that will help prepare you for your future in the Saskatchewan health care system.
If you are interested please express interest in being a CCA this summer in a smaller city or rural community by selecting Apply on this position and in your cover letter tell us:
- Where would you like to work? If you don’t have a specific community in mind (northern, central or southern Saskatchewan), what are the attributes and services you value in a community?
- When are you interested in working? (example; school breaks, weekends, July 2022 – August 2022)
This role is a great way to gain clinical experience over the summer to enhance your knowledge and understanding of health care in Saskatchewan. You will provide personal care and activities of daily living for clients/patients/residents to encourage an optimum level of functioning. Support clients/patients/residents in meeting their physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual needs.
- Successfully completed year 2 of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing program or Bachelor of Psychiatric Nursing program
- Current certification in Basic Life Support at Level C
- Valid driver’s license, where required by the job
The ideal candidate should:
- Possess interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrate communications skills, basic computer skills and the ability to work independently
Official job descriptions are found on the Provider Group website at http://www.working-for-health.ca/supportjobevaluation/
Applications are accepted on a continual basis however we encourage interested nursing students to apply as soon as possible.
We also encourage you to apply directly to continue care assistant positions in addition to expressing your interest.
Direct Inquiries To