Under the administrative supervision of the Manager for Inpatient Mental Health Services, the Social Worker for inpatient mental health programs, provides assessment of and the therapeutic interventions for patients and their families addressing the emotional and social needs of persons facing mental health issues. This is accomplished through collaboration with the patient, family, interdisciplinary team, services within the Saskatchewan Health Authority, community and affiliates.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor of Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work. Membership in the Saskatchewan Association of Social Workers.
- Able to work independently and in a self-motivated manner.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative work relationships.
- Demonstrated above average assessment and therapeutic intervention skills.
- General understanding of social work assessment and treatment modalities including case management principles.
- Excellent knowledge of mental health issues.
- Ability to plan, develop, facilitate and evaluate groups for patients and their support systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal competence, including effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Good consultation and public relation skills with the ability to work effectively with community based organizations.
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Valid driver's license and vehicle required.
- May be required to accompany patients out in the community.
- Please provide a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
- Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS Collective Agreement.
- HSAS seniority within the Saskatchewan Health Authority will be considered under the Selection Criteria.
Geographic Location: REGINA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Expected Start Date: April 13, 2020
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
Employment Services, Wascana Rehabilitation Centre