This position will provide Mental Health Services to residents of the community of La Ronge and those clients attending the La Ronge Health Centre. Clinical supervision will be provided by the Clinical Coordinator- Mental Health Services � La Ronge.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work or Bachelor Degree in Indian Social Work
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Association of Social Workers (SASW)
- Possession of a valid driver's licence
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience working in a cross-cultural setting is a definite asset
- Knowledge of human development and family dynamics relating to family, violence, trauma, addiction and poverty is essential
- A wide range of counselling skills are required in working with adults, youth and their families
- Knowledge of crisis intervention and prevention programs is required as well as the skill to develop these programs in a cross-cultural setting
- Knowledge of mental health treatment resources and the skills to make appropriate assessments and referrals
- A willingness to integrate mental health programming at a community level utilizing a variety of community partners
- A willingness to continually improve existing programs to meet the specific needs and culture of the community
- A willingness to build on the strengths of the community and the resiliency of it's families
- Incumbent will demonstrate a commitment to service excellence, and employee and patient safety in the context of quality improvement and risk management.
Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS Collective Agreement
Successful applicant must provide a satisfactory valid Criminal Record Check including vulnerable sector query before an Offer of Employment is made.
Expected Start Date: January 6, 2020
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
Mamawetan Churchill River Health Region