Occupational Therapist Degree Senior
RHA Job Number:GO-00607957-1
Number of Vacancies:1
Hours to International Airport:2.0
Facility Name:Kindersley and District Health Centre
Employment Term:Full Time
Posting Date:October 22, 2020
Closing Date:October 22, 2021 17:00
Hours of Work:Shift Information: Days
112.00 hours per 3 week rotation
Rate of Pay: $37.245 to $45.544 (5 step range)
The Occupational Therapist, working cooperatively with a multi-disciplinary team, uses purposeful activity in a variety of settings to reduce physical and psychosocial disability, and is committed to health promotion and disease prevention.
The Occupational Therapist provides assessment and treatment services to outpatients, inpatients, residents of nursing homes and clients in their homes. The position also offers some opportunity for delivery of educational programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Valid Class 5 driver's license
- Bachelor Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Society of Occupational Therapists
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to demonstrate professional conduct and judgement and ethical behaviour
- Ability to motivate clients
- Ability to understand and appreciate rural service delivery
- Excellent assessment, diagnostic and intervention skills
- Ability to make sound judgments regarding client care
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with professionals, para professionals and other service providers
- Ability to travel extensively within designated area
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary setting
- Excellent interpersonal, public relation and written and oral communication skills
� Travel is required
� An interview may be requested.
� The successful candidate shall be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check including a vulnerable sector query as a condition of employment.
� OPEN UNTIL FILLED postings are for job vacancies that have gone through the regional posting processes as required by the collective agreements and remain unfilled as there have been no qualified internal applicants. External qualified applicants may now apply. Applications for OPEN UNTIL FILLED postings are reviewed each MONDAY (or the following business day in the case of a Monday statutory holiday) or as determined by the Manager and if there are applicants, the posting is closed. Applications received after closing are late applications and will not be considered.
Geographic Location: Kindersley Home Base
Expected Start Date: December 14, 2020
Expected Up To Date: December 31, 2021
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To