The Public Health Nurse (PHN), as an integral member of the Public Health Services team, provides nursing services within the framework of the Population Health Promotion Model. This employee works relatively independently and is expected to make primary decisions based on sound assessments in accordance with The Public Health Act, the policies of the Public Health Nursing Program, the SRNA Standards of Practice, the Canadian Community Health Nursing Standards of Practice, Public Health Nursing Discipline Specific Competencies and other relevant legislation.
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing with course credits in public health nursing
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA) as an RN (NP)
- Valid drivers license and the ability to travel both within the Region and Provincially.
At least one year Public Health Nursing experience is an asset. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge in public health concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, interpret, and respond to issues in a timely and appropriate manner
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other care providers (physicians and staff) and be adaptable, build trust, provide coaching and mentorship, facilitate change and continuous improvement
- Note: This position is open to all SUN members within the bargaining unit as per Article 27.05 of the SUN Collective Bargaining Agreement, however first preference will be given to employees of Sunrise Health Region.
External applicants must upload the following additional documents when applying for this job:
- Current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check (less than 6 months old)
- Grade 12 or post-secondary education certificates/transcripts
- Proof of enrollment if applying on Certificate/Diploma positions
- Any applicable licenses/registrations relating to the role
If you have more than one required additional document, place them into 1 file
(preferably Microsoft Word or PDF) and upload under Additional Document on the Apply screen.
**Please note that if all relevant information is not received, your application will not be considered.
Geographic Location: Esterhazy
Expected Start Date: September 25, 2018
Expected Up To Date: December 7, 2018
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
PLEASE APPLY VIA THE HEALTH CAREERS IN SASK WEBSITE BY CLICKING "APPLY".
ATTACHMENT TOTALS SHOULD BE NO LARGER THAN 10 MB.