Reporting to the Regional Manager of therapy Services, the Speech Language Pathologist is an integral member of an interdisciplinary regional team. The Speech Language Pathologist is required to assess, diagnose, and implement treatment or speech and/or language remediation programs to the adult population in a large geographical area. The Speech Language Pathologist will also provide consultation, public education, caregiver training programs and therapy care for adults with communication and/or swallowing disorders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Valid Class 5 driver's license
- Masters Degree in Speech Language Pathology
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Canadian Association of Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists (CASLPA)
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Association of Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists (SASLPA)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to develop and deliver formal education programs
- Ability to exercise tact, maintain confidentiality and demonstrate openness to religious and cultural diversity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Committed to own professional growth and development
- Ability to work independently to plan and organize work load demands
- Sound clinical judgment skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office word processing and spreadsheets, email and internet
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize, interpret and respond appropriately to issues.
- Good interpersonal skills utilizing sensitivity and courtesy when dealing with patients, staff and physicians
Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS Collective Agreement. HSAS seniority within the Saskatchewan Health Authority will be considered under the Selection Criteria. No guaranteed hours.
Geographic Location: Estevan
Expected Start Date: July 3, 2019
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
Please submit an application by clicking Apply.