IN COLLABORATION WITH THE PRIMARY CARE TEAM, THE NURSE PRACTITIONER WILL PROVIDE PRIMARY HEALTH CARE SERVICES TO THE COMMUNITY OF CANDLE LAKE. THIS INCLUDES: HEALTH PROMOTION AND PROTECTION, DISEASE AND INJURY PREVENTION, PROVISION OF SUPPORTIVE, INSTRUCTIVE, TREATMENT AND URGENT SERVICES; COLLABORATION WITH AND REFERRAL TO OTHER HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS; AND PARTICIPATING IN EVALUATIVE PROJECTS AS REQUIRED. THE INCUMBENT REPORTS TO THE PHC/EMR MANAGER FOR THE NORTH EAST RURAL SERVICE AREA IN THE SASKATCHEWAN HEALTH AUTHORITY.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA) as an RN (NP) or RN (GNP)
- Valid Class 5 driver's license
- Certificate in approved advanced clinical nursing course or equivalent
- Advanced communication skills
- Ability to travel both within the region and provincially
- Knowledge of community development
- Working knowledge in health promotion
- Working knowledge of community needs assessment
- Field hours
- Evening and weekend work may be required
CLINIC HOURS ARE MONDAY TO FRIDAY 0800 - 1630.
56 HOURS IN 3 WEEK ROTATION. Shifts (days, evenings, nights) including actual hours, date of commencement and temporary end dates are for informational purpose only and may be subject to change.
Geographic Location: CANDLE LAKE PHC CLINIC
Expected Start Date: June 21, 2019
Expected Up To Date: June 8, 2020
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
Human Resources, Prince Albert Parkland Health Region