The Director of Care (D.O.C.) is accountable for ensuring the direct delivery of all services within the facility in accordance with Prince Albert Parkland Health Region policies, vision and mission.
-The D.O.C. ensures the adherence to the Prince Albert Parkland Health Region policies, collective agreements and legislative requirements as outlined in related acts. She/he communicates these as necessary to staff.
-The D.O.C. acts as a role model.
-The D.O.C. attends site managers meetings and necessary educational events as directed.
-The D.O.C. participates proactively in committees as required
-The D.O.C. carries out written probationary and annual performance appraisals for all facility staff.
- The D.O.C. enhances the public image of Prince Albert Parkland Health Region by providing effective public relations and by consulting and collaborating with the community resources and other health professionals.
- The D.O.C. coordinates the payroll process within the facility by approving the work records and notifying the Payroll Coordinator of any errors or discrepancies within the process. She/he documents work related injuries accordingly.
- The D.O.C. is responsible for management of materials, supplies and capital equipment within the facility in consultation with the Regional Materials Manager.
- The D.O.C. coordinates the orientation process for new employees and provides information about employee benefits plans.
- he D.O.C. co-chairs the local Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Committee and ensures adherence to OH&S policies, procedures and standards.
- The D.O.C. plans student practicums.
- The D.O.C. promotes staff participation in educational events.
- Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA) as an RN (NP) or RN (GNP)
- Management education or 3 years management experience preferred
37.5 hours in a week rotation.
Shifts (days, evenings, nights) including actual hours, date of commencement and temporary end dates are for informational purpose only and may be subject to change.
Geographic Location: Spiritwood
Expected Start Date: September 20, 2017
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
Human Resources, Prince Albert Parkland Health Region