EMT (Primary Care Paramedic) (Casual)
RHA Job Number:GO-00560897
Number of Vacancies:1
Profession:Primary Care Paramedic
Hours to International Airport:1.0
Facility Name:Biggar Emergency Medical Services
Posting Date:March 11, 2019
Closing Date:March 21, 2019 21:30
Hours of Work:Shift Information: Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, On Call
Rate of Pay: $28.091 to $34.348 (5 step range)
The EMT will respond to calls for service as per dispatch instructions, providing assessment, treatment and transportation of ill or injured persons. The EMT will cover standby assignment, as operations require.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Valid Class 4 drivers license
- Clean Driver's Abstract
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) - Basic
- CMA Accredited Pre-Hospital Care Program at the Primary Care Paramedic (PCP/EMT) level
- Registered with the Saskatchewan College of Paramedics as a Primary Care Paramedic with 2011 National Occupational Competency Profile (NOCP) standards
- Health Care Provider Level C Certification (HCP-C)
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to communicate with and maintain an effective working relationship with clients from diverse social, economic and cultural backgrounds
- Must be able to respond to the ambulance within 10 minutes when on-call
- May consider hiring Primary Care Paramedics (PCP/EMT) trained without 2011 National Occupational Compentency Profile (NOCP) standards who will be required to obtain these standards within six (6) months at his/her own expense
- Wherever possible, the employer will endeavour to ensure on-call assignments do not exceed 300 hours in a three-week period
- Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS Collective Agreement. HSAS seniority within the Saskatchewan Health Authority will be considered under the Selection Criteria.
� An interview may be requested.
� The successful candidate shall be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check including a vulnerable sector query as a condition of employment.
� Part Time Employees: scheduled hours of work may be reduced during the rotation stipulated when a statutory holiday is recognized during that period.
Geographic Location: Biggar
Expected Start Date: March 22, 2019
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To