The Nurse Practitioner in collaboration with the health team will work with clients across the lifespan in a primary care setting. The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care for clients in the community, and long term care, both independently and collaboratively with a physician depending upon the complexity of client needs. This includes: health promotion and protection; first line treatment; provision of supportive counselling and instruction in management of medical conditions, diseases and injury prevention and collaboration with and referral to other health care professionals as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Valid Class 5 driver's license
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA) as an RN (NP)
- Approved School of Nursing, Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing desired. Certification in recognized Primary Care Nurse Practitioner equivalent program or Nurse Practitioner Masters Program required
- Minimum of three (3) years experience working as a Registered Nurse, with experience as RN (NP) in a Primary Health Care setting preferred
- The incumbent will be required to maintain current certification in: Level C, Basic Cardiac Life Support / Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Organizational skills
- Decision making skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to competently use computers and software applications as required by the position
- Access to a reliable vehicle
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage time and competing deadlines, work under pressure, and establish priorities
LOCATION: Lucky Lake Health Centre (Home Base), Beechy Health Centre and Kyle District Health Centre - Multi Site.
� An interview may be requested.
� The successful candidate shall be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check including a vulnerable sector query as a condition of employment.
� OPEN UNTIL FILLED postings are for job vacancies that have gone through the regional posting processes as required by the collective agreements and remain unfilled as there have been no qualified internal applicants. External qualified applicants may now apply. Applications for OPEN UNTIL FILLED postings are reviewed each MONDAY (or the following business day in the case of a Monday statutory holiday) or as determined by the Manager and if there are applicants, the posting is closed. Applications received after closing are late applications and will not be considered.
Geographic Location: Lucky Lake
Expected Start Date: July 29, 2019
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To