Reporting to the Director, the senior occupational therapist is responsible for the planning, development, organization and delivery of occupational delivery services within the framework of the palliative care program interdisciplinary team. The incumbent provides expert consultation, education and training within the program, incorporating best practice and evidence based research. This multi-site role includes responsibility for palliative clients in hospital, community and hospice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Diploma/Baccalaureate/Masters degree from a program that is recognized by the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists. Registered or eligible for registration for practice with the Saskatchewan Society of Occupational Therapists.
- Extensive knowledge of models of assessment and therapeutic intervention, and ability to utilize a range of clinical assessment skills.
- Significant knowledge in the specific patient population in the context of complex medical needs.
- Leadership abilities to develop and maintain consulting relationships within the interdisciplinary team and interagency programs.
- Ability to manage complex and multiple demands.
- Ability to design, conduct and evaluate educational and training opportunities related to the specific patient population of the program.
- Skilled in the area of research and resource development.
- Ability to cope with stress.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Must be flexible, innovative and creative.
- Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS Collective Agreement.
- HSAS seniority within the Saskatchewan Health Authority will be considered under the Selection Criteria.
- Please provide a cover letter and resume.
Geographic Location: PRIMARY HEALTH CARE SERVICES
Expected Start Date: March 2, 2020
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
Employment Services, Wascana Rehabilitation Centre