The Community Paramedic will be a qualified Emergency Medical Technician EMTP (ACP), EMTA (ICP), EMT (PCP) and work standby/hours in accordance with their qualifications and Emergency Medical Technician job description. They will be scheduled hours to provide services to the region and community. Community Paramedics are members of a distinct network of health services providers that focus on community needs. The Community Paramedic establishes systems to better serve the citizens of their communities. They help individuals and communities overcome barriers that prevent them from accessing and benefiting from Health Services. They serve as advocates, facilitators, liaisons, community brokers and resource coordinators.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Valid Class 4 drivers license
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan College of Paramedics at the PCP/EMT level
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) - Basic
- CMA Accredited Pre-Hospital Care Program at the Primary Care Paramedic (PCP/EMT) level
- Interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution skills to effectively handle difficult issues
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate responsible decision making through the application of knowledge, critical thinking and sound clinical, legal and ethical practice
- Ability to function effectively during periods of high stress and in emergency situations
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate effectively and adapt to changing conditions
- No guaranteed hours
- Field Hours
- Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS Collective Agreement. HSAS seniority within the Saskatchewan Health Authority will be considered under the Selection Criteria.
No guaranteed hours. Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS Collective Agreement. HSAS seniority within the Saskatchewan Health Authority will be considered under the Selection Criteria.
Expected Start Date: November 5, 2019
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
Please submit an application by clicking Apply.