Reporting directly to the Supervisor of the Public Health Inspection Program, the Public Health Inspector assists in the ongoing planning, delivery, assessment and improvement of public health inspection (environmental protection) services in the Sunrise Health Region, and in particular the district/service area he/she is assigned to cover. The Inspector will also work closely with the Medical Health Officer, and take direction from him/her on investigations and follow-up actions as directed. The incumbent fulfills the requirements created by the formal delegation of responsibility by the Sunrise Regional Health Authority in its capacity as the 'local authority' prescribed in the Public Health Act. The Regional Health Authority appoints Public Health Inspectors as 'Public Health Officer' and as Plumbing Inspectors as provided for under the authority of the Public Health Act and Regulations; the Ministry of Health appoints Public Health Inspectors as Tobacco Enforcement Officers as provided for in the Tobacco Control Act.
- Valid drivers license or the ability to travel both within the Region and Provincially
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Health
- Certificate in Public Health Inspection (Canada), CPHI�
One (1) year experience in public health inspection work preferred.Other Information
- Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS Collective Agreement. HSAS seniority within the Saskatchewan Health Authority will be considered under the Selection Criteria.
FIELD HOURS ON STANDBY
External applicants must upload the following additional documents when applying for this job:
- Current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check (less than 6 months old)
- Grade 12 or post-secondary education certificates/transcripts
- Proof of enrollment if applying on Certificate/Diploma positions
- Any applicable licenses/registrations relating to the role
If you have more than one required additional document, place them into 1 file
(preferably Microsoft Word or PDF) and upload under Additional Document on the Apply screen.
**Please note that if all relevant information is not received, your application will not be considered.
Geographic Location: Yorkton Office with coverage for the Preeceville, Norquay and Kamsack.
Expected Start Date: October 9, 2020
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
PLEASE APPLY VIA THE HEALTH CAREERS IN SASK WEBSITE BY CLICKING "APPLY".
ATTACHMENT TOTALS SHOULD BE NO LARGER THAN 10 MB.