The Social Worker is responsible for providing assessment, counseling, education, and referral services to patients, residents, or families within the Sunrise Health Region - North.
The Social Worker will report to the manager of Mental Health, Addictions and Medical Social Work.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Association of Social Workers (SASW)
One (1) year experience in Medical Social Work preferred.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Ability to travel both within the region and provincially
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed
- Demonstrated abilitiy to maintain a positive attitude, a pleasant manner, and harmonious working relationship
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Social Work philosophy and goals, i.e..cultural sensitivity, respect for individualization and self-determination
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development
- Demonstrated ability to deal with others, including persons who may be in emotional crisis
- Demonstrated ability to conduct individual and group counselling/educational programs
- Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS Collective Agreement
External Applicants MUST upload the following as a single attachment: resume, current (less than 6 months) Criminal Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check, Grade 12 or Post Secondary Education Certificates /Transcripts, Proof of enrollment if applying on Certificate/Diploma positions and any applicable Licenses/Registrations. *** Please note that if all relevant information is not received your application will not be reviewed.
Geographic Location: Yorkton
Expected Start Date: December 5, 2016
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
PLEASE APPLY VIA THE HEALTH CAREERS IN SASK WEBSITE BY CLICKING "APPLY".
ATTACHMENT TOTALS SHOULD BE NO LARGER THAN 10 MB.