The Registered Nurse (RN) is accountable for promoting high quality care through assessing, planning, implementing, documenting and evaluating the total care needs of our patients/residents/clients (P/R/Cs). The RN is required to coordinate with all the departments within the facility, families and professionals associated with P/R/Cs care. The RN must promote effective communication in the facility through care given and reporting mechanisms. The RN is expected to participate in staff meetings and educational opportunities to maintain their own professional competence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing
- Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Nursing or Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA)
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA) or Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan (RPNAS)
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to communicate with and maintain an effective working relationship with clients from diverse social, economic and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to competently use computers and software applications as required by the position
- Ability to make decisions, which must include coordination of staffing, and/or patient care, and/or coordination of equipment
- Communication skills to provide/obtain verbal and/or written opinions/advice
No guaranteed hours.
*Posted casual hours will remain Open Until Filled.
Expected Start Date: March 1, 2017
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
Please submit an application by clicking Apply.