The Occupational Therapist - Degree reports to the Crisis Assessment/In-Patient Services Manager, the incumbent will participate as an active member of a multi-disciplinary team. The Occupational Therapist - Degree within the Mental Health and Addiction Services (MHAS) Team provides assessments and therapeutic interventions for clients and their families, with the primary objective to support and strengthen activities of daily living, vocational, housing and other social functioning. This is done through collaboration with the client and/or family, the Mental Health and Addiction Services Interdisciplinary Team, and other service providers within SHR and communities following the Occupational Therapy Professional Guidelines to ensure that patients/clients referred receive a high standard of occupational therapy. This will be done in accordance with Sunrise Helath Region mission statement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Society of Occupational Therapists
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to travel both within the region and provincially
- Ability to conduct client assessments and engage in effective treatment planning
- Sound knowledge of counseling principles, practice theory, and various strategies of intervention
- Ability to follow safe work practices
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, decision making, documentation and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Relate professionally with staff, clients and their families, psychiatrists, physicians, approved home operators and other agencies
- Knowledge of crisis intervention strategies and ability to appropriately intervene/attain appropriate intervention in emergency situations
- Knowledge of mental health treatment resources with the willingness to build on the strengths of the community and the resiliency of its families
- Knowledge and willingness to integrate mental health programming across SHR, MH&AS and at a community level collaborating with community partners and agencies, (i.e.. Social Services, housing agencies etc)
- Knowledge of human development and family dynamics relating to family violence, trauma, loss and grief, addiction, and poverty
- Provide leadership and work independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
Applicants must upload the following additional documents when applying for this job:
- Current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check (less than 6 months old)
- Grade 12 or post-secondary education certificates/transcripts
- Proof of enrollment if applying on Certificate/Diploma positions
- Any applicable licenses/registrations relating to the role
If you have more than one required additional document, place them into 1 file
(preferably Microsoft Word or PDF) and upload under Additional Document on the Apply screen.
**Please note that if all relevant information is not received, your application will not be considered.
Geographic Location: Yorkton
Expected Start Date: March 14, 2017
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
PLEASE APPLY VIA THE HEALTH CAREERS IN SASK WEBSITE BY CLICKING "APPLY".
ATTACHMENT TOTALS SHOULD BE NO LARGER THAN 10 MB.