The pharmacist reports to the Regional Manager of Pharmacy, with accountability to the Manager of St. Peter's Hospital with respect to the interprofessional collaboration. The Pharmacist as a member of the patient care team provides visible, proactive leadership and promotes the delivery of patient care through the application of professional standards within established policies and budgetary guidelines. The Pharmacist is accountable for assisting the Regional Pharmacy Manager in planning, organizing, directing and supervising the activities in the Pharmacy Department. The base/home hospital is St.Peter's and travel from there to St.Anthony's would be field hours.
This is a full time temporary position for one year with possibility of extension. The shift is week days with no weekend or call requirement.
St Peter's Hospital offers a beautiful, modern, well-equipped facility for its patients and providers. St. Peter's Hospital is a 30 bed acute care facility which also provides the following services:
- 24 Hour Emergency
- Chemotherapy Outreach Program
- Laboratory & X-Ray Services
- Spiritual Care
- Social Work
We invite those looking for a safe, welcoming, affordable place to live to consider Melville!
Melville is a city of approximately 5,000 residents located in East Central Saskatchewan. Melville is situated on the crossroads of three major highways - Highways 10, 15 and 47. A short drive to the South finds you at Crooked Lake in the beautiful Qu'Appelle Valley. Melville is also located near the major cities of Yorkton (25 minutes) and Regina (90 minutes).
Melville is fortunate to be endowed with many amenities and attributes that make a great Community. We boast a quality of life that is second to none. We are a very inviting and safe community with beautiful parks and recreation facilities. Sports and cultural activities play a major role in providing recreation for citizens of all ages. We offer excellent schools - Pre K to Grade 12. The Parkland Regional College Main Office is also located in Melville offering varied post secondary opportunities.
Relocation assistance of up to $2,500 and recruitment bonus available.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Pharmacists' Association of Saskatchewan (PAS)
- Previous pharmacy experience in a Health facility is an asset.
- Clinical Pharmacy experience in community based pharmacies or Primary Health Setting is an asset.
- Computerized Pharmacy systems experience is an asset.
- Commitment to continuing professional development
- Ability to integrate clinical knowledge and experience into activities to enhance client care as it relates to drug therapy
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with technologies aimed at supporting telepharmacy.
- Ability to supervise technicians, staff members and to delegate appropriately.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other health care providers.
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with peers, colleagues and direct reports.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, pleasant manner and harmonious working relationships.
About our Region:
Sunrise Health Region is located in the beautiful parklands of east-central Saskatchewan and provides health services to a local population of approximately 60,000. Our administrative offices are located in Yorkton, an attractive and thriving city with major highways linking the Region to Regina (200 km southwest), Saskatoon (330 km northwest) and the Manitoba border (100 km east). Our communities enjoy a relaxed, semi-urban lifestyle, with easy access to abundant indoor/outdoor recreation facilities and provincial parks.
External applicants must upload the following additional documents when applying for this job:
- Current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check (less than 6 months old)
- Grade 12 or post-secondary education certificates/transcripts
- Proof of enrollment if applying on Certificate/Diploma positions
- Any applicable licenses/registrations relating to the role
If you have more than one required additional document, place them into 1 file
(preferably Microsoft Word or PDF) and upload under Additional Document on the Apply screen.
*** Please note that if all relevant information is not received your application will not be reviewed.
Geographic Location: St Peter's Hospital
Expected Start Date: June 19, 2017
Expected Up To Date: July 3, 2018
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
PLEASE APPLY VIA THE HEALTH CAREERS IN SASK WEBSITE BY CLICKING "APPLY".
ATTACHMENT TOTALS SHOULD BE NO LARGER THAN 10 MB.